Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's Laundry Day!

One convenience that is pretty unique to America is clothes dryers.  Most other places in the world air dry their clothes, if not wash them by hand all together.  Americans are some of the only people in the world who are so impatient for their clothes to dry that they would spend money to own and run a machine to speed up the process. 

I however, lack not only a clothes dryer but also a clothes washer here in Lebanon.  Thus is instituted the weekly ritual of laundry day.

My friends Mikey and Cindy came with their baby Cooper, so they have a lot more laundry to do than I.

For convienence Mikey does laundry in the bidet. 
Don't worry, they don't use it as a bidet, and Cindy thoroughly cleaned it. 

I'm an old-fashioned girl; I do my laundry in the sink.
 

2 comments:

  1. My random thoughts as I read this post include: Those can't be Christi's clothes - they look a bit small. Is Mikey doing laundry in the toilet? I've always wanted to try a bidet just to have the experience. I am once again reminded that I am thankful for a washer and dryer of my own.

    Also, when do you return to the USofA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I miss doing laundry in the sinks of Minto Suites! Miss you! See you soon I hope?

    ReplyDelete