Saturday, June 4, 2011

Take Away!

One of my favorite things about Beirut is every restaurant delivers.  From the ice cream stand to Krispy Kreme, from traditional schwarma stands to sushi restaurants to Applebees, they will all have your food at your door in about 20 minutes.  I'm always impressed that they can even get it here that fast, but I guess that's what a small fleet of mopeds will do for you. 


BarBar's (a food and ice cream stand's) Delivery Moped
 My friends and I added up all of the take-away menus we had in our rooms (nearly all restaurants have them) and we have over 50.  That's right, 50 different restaurants we can call to have any food, drink, or dessert brought to our doorstep.  Most restaurants are open to at least 10, and many into the a.m. hours.  No wonder the Lebanese say that Americans gain weight when they come to Lebanon!


Some of our Take-Away Menus
 Last night my friend Emily and I recently ordered from Taco Loco.  Twenty minutes and 6,500 LL ($4.66) later I was delivered this:

We ordered the Rice and Beans Platter.  Anything that says
platter here comes with all kinds of extras stuff and can usually be split. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice! Ashlee and I went to KK here yesterday for national donut day. It is a new store and I was shocked at the size and sofas and chairs! She said it was nothing compared to the KK there.

    ReplyDelete